Creamy Black Soy Bean Milk
1 cup Eden Foods Organic black soy beans soaked overnight in 2 cups water
1 Tablespoon Organic Rolled Oats
2 Tablespoons Raw Sugar, Honey or Agave Nectar
½ Eden Foods Celtic Sea Salt
4 cups water
- Drain soybeans and rinse several times.
- Combine Soybeans with remaining ingredients in a blender and puree at high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add puree to cooking pot and heat on high, stirring the bottom constantly to prevent sticking.
- Bring to a boil and remove the pot from the heat immediately.
- Pour mixture into a heat proof bowl lined with cheese cloth and let cool.
- Twist the cheesecloth closed and press against the side of the bowl, using a jar or masher to remove any additional milk.
- This recipe can be used to make milk with any kind of soy beans.
- Save the left over soybean mixture called “Okara” to use later.
- The Okara and soymilk can both be frozen for future use.
- This can be used for cereal , baking or smoothies- anywhere you would use animal milks.
Brown Rice Milk Recipe
1 cup Eden Foods Organic Brown Rice Flakes
2 Tablespoons honey, agave or raw sugar
3 cups water
1 teaspoon ground vanilla beans (vanilla extract can be substituted)
- Combine ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and strain through cheese cloth.
- Cool and enjoy.
- Brown rice milk is very thin (like skim milk) in consistency.
- It is great for those with milk allergies.
- It is the milk of choice during illness, especially for gastro intestinal disturbances
Brandi’s* Raw Almond Milk
1 cup raw almonds
2 cups water for soaking
2 cups fresh water
- Soak almonds in 2 cups of water overnight.
- Drain and rinse several times
- Add to blender with 2 cups fresh water.
- Blend almonds to a pulp. Let mixture sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain through cheese cloth to remove granules.
*Taken from Raw Foods on a Budget by Brandi Rollins